Larger herds have greater feeding demands, be it more loads per day or larger load capacities. Abbey’s new ‘Plus Range’ – VF2450, VF2650, VF2850, VF3050 models. These monster models offer extra strength, versatility and longer working life.
- Comes with a 50% thicker auger for extended working.
- Strengthened gear box mounting, with a wider base for improved support and strength.
- New horizontal and tilting monitor support, which has been designed to keep operators further away from PTO’s (for added safety). The monitor rotates horizontally and tilts vertically for improved visibility on bright days.
- The monitor comes with serial port and auto-on for added versatility.
- The feed-out door now comes with a new door wedge to position the feed to the centre of the door as it exits the feeder to give a more even and rapid feed-out and also allows the door to closes more evenly.
- Comes with safety platform and folding ladder for easier viewing into the mixing chamber.
- Option of new parallel tubular top retaining ring to reduce any feed waste during mixing.
We will also be launching their new ‘Feed Management Guide which encompasses 8 key feed management areas. These include the animals environment & health status; important animal behavioural signals; reducing the environmental impact of the feed system; breed type & animal performance; labour constraints & farm infrastructure; machine specifications/requirements; feed management for improved performance and machine maintenance.